Friday, April 13, 2012

In the skip









The other night I was visiting some friends
As I walked up their driveway I saw a skip - nothing unusual about that
BUT in this skip was a chair
A cane chair
I love cane chairs
So I just had to take it out of the skip and bring it home with me.
I mean isn't that exactly what you normally do when you visit friends - take stuff home from their rubbish!
With a little clean and some cushions she has ended up in the girls room
The perfect place to sit and read a story I think.
What do you think?




12 comments:

JK said...

I absolutely love it Lizey - can't tell you how jealous I am!! (by the way are you going to visit me on Saturday??)

JK said...

Oh and can I thank you for not having that bloody annoying verification on your blog comments! It makes commenting such a chore. xx

thejadeleaf said...

Very cute x

dear olive said...

Hooray for skip finds! Kellie xx

one denim bird said...

What a great find - and it looks adorable in the girls room. By the way I love those Holly Hobby curtains too!

Unknown said...

Great find!! I would have done the same thing

Rach x

Frankie and Ray said...

Oh, you lucky devil!

Unknown said...

Love it! I love cane chairs too! This one is a great shape! Jx

Unknown said...

It's perfect Lizey! I LOVE it!

You can take rubbish from my house and turn it into something glorious any day. (But warning: I might want it back!)

xx

All For Love said...

I think that was a top find Lizeylou... and I love what you've done to brighten it up. A score for the girl's room I say! xo

1000 Homes of Happiness said...

Love it! Looks gorgeous in your little ones bedroom.

My hubby loves skips finds, you will often see him out wandering the streets of Point Lonsdale on their hard rubbish days.

ox Kellie

Lea said...

Lucky you! Looks great!