Thursday, May 10, 2012

Colour, Food, Photos, People








Travelling in India at the age of 24 was one of the most amazing things I have ever done
It was also one of the hardest
It is one of those countries that you either love or hate
I loved it (although I will admit there were some, OK many tears along the way)

Anyway, when I saw this book (Tasting India by Christine Manfield) in our local bookshop
I knew that I had to have it
So I bought it for myself for Mother's Day (lucky that was coming up!!)

It is amazing. breathtaking, almost too good to touch in case you ruin it
Its a story, a cook book, and a visual beauty.

So if you love colour, food, photos and people you will love this.
Now to decide which recipe too cook first
And how to get myself back to India for a holiday as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Maxabella said...

It looks amazing!!!

I would get this for myself for mothers day, but I've already bought myself a food processor. x

Sophie said...

wow this book looks so incredible! i need to get it. im dying to go to india x

All For Love said...

Well, please do share some of those recipes Lizeylou. LOVE me some indian curry... beautiful food.
What a great Mother's Day pressie, always best when we buy our own gifts isn't it!? xo

one denim bird said...

What a fab mothers day present to self! I too travelled India aged 24 (how ironic). I can relate to the love/hate relationship you experience there. It pushes buttons you didnt even know you had! But oh boy, the food, the colour, the culture bla bla bla. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for this beautiful book!