Monday, May 28, 2012

Getting ready


Now that there are only 17 sleeps until we head off to the UK we are getting pretty excited
Passports ... check
Suitcases ... check
Kids meals ordered ... check
Nights out with friends in London ... check

BUT the thing that is now on my mind is packing.
I wont be doing it until the day before but what to pack??

And I plan on doing LOTS of shopping while over there (think H&M and Primark) but I still need to take a few things, would be scary if I turned up at my in laws naked!!

So I will be taking a few essentials - jeans, dress, sandals, scarf/wrap, tshirt ... but the rest I think I will shop for.  I haven't been to the UK for 6 years so I need a little refresher on where I should go to get some cool threads.  You lovely UK readers or Aussie gals who have been to the UK, what are my MUST visit shops/markets/areas??


So excited just thinking about it!!

14 comments:

Ellie said...

Oh I am so jealous! I loved shopping in the UK. Even the shops that we have here just seem to have better stock over there (like Esprit!). My favourite place to shop was definitely Oxford St, so many shops but none of that closed in shopping-centre feel. Who knows perhaps you will run into Duchess Kate? xx

Katrina@capturingmoments said...

OH Oxford Street how I miss you!!! Primark on Oxford St is HECTIC CRAZY but sooooo much fun!!! And H&M of course, but I didn't really like the H&M on Oxford. They are all different and I am sure they have changed since I was there in '08. Have so much fun!! woo!!!

Little Nan said...

Exactly one year ago we arrived in England for the first time ever!! A lovely big holiday, we were very lucky!! Wish we could go back...maybe one day! I discovered 'Dorothy Perkins'. I bought some of their clothes while I was over there...a little trendy, very comfy. Its lovely buying clothes from overseas...no one else back home has them!

Sunnyside said...

An absolute must. Anthropology !!

Sunnyside said...

Sorry, that's Athropologie with an IE.

All For Love said...

Haha yes, maybe don't turn up starkers to the in-laws Lizeylou! Maybe pack things that fold down nice and small. You probably only need one pair of jeans, as you can wear them a few times before they need a wash anyway... what a grub I sound like.
Lots of T-shirts too maybe.
You are going to have SO much fun, clothing won't be a problem xo

jody said...

Yay not long now! You are going to have the most fabulous time! x

Unknown said...

EEEEEEE! So exciting!

Are you gonna catch up with Lou?
That would be so ace!

xx

Polly (nice kind of blue) said...

I feel I should list some shopping spots for you, being a Brit and all... Oxford Street is too much for me, I'd rather poke around the backstreets but you really do find everything in those big stores and if you time it right you can't go wrong really. I still love Spitalfields and Covent Garden but they're my old haunts so I'm biased. Or if you've a car and are heading out of London I always love the discount places (I'm always scrimping) Freeport and Bicester are 2 I can think of, but they can be hit and miss and you'd need to check out which have the stores you like.

dear olive said...

Oh, excitement PLUS! I'm not sure about packing tips (being, myself, a chronic over-packer of the wrong types of clothes from way back) but it sounds like you're on the right track with the not showing up at the inlaws naked bit. Kellie xx

Francesca said...

i'm sure you know but spitalfields is great. they've done it up recently and it's got some great shops, for buying and just browsing. round the corner to redchurch st for caravan and some others. great spot.
have a great time! keep forgetting to add you to bloglovin but now i have so i will keep up with your trip.
i've said 'great' about 50 times. sorry :-) x

KERRY said...

How exciting! I’m not one for Oxford St either - too crazy busy! Covent Garden is nice, still central, but has a bit more character - there’s still an H&M, Muji, Zara and Cos. Oh and of course, the new Moomin shop - that’s a beaut! Carnaby Street now has a fantastic Monki store (almost everything I own is from Monki!) and as Francesca says, Spitalfields is good and the general Shoreditch area - hipster, trendy, but good for a visit and people watching! There are some good eateries around there too. There are so many lovely parks around too. Regents and Primrose Hill are lovely and near the zoo too, if you fancy that for a day out. I’m sure you’ll have a lovely time :) x

fast times in münchen. said...

Ok, you need to head to Cos (more upmarket line by H&M) It's right near Liberty. Best store ever! xx

fast times in münchen. said...

Oh and Cos totally suits tall ladies. Leave the kidlets with your husband and head there alone. You DO NOT want to be distracted!