Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Joe turns 7





This is our little man Joe and today is his birthday
He is a kind hearted kid who loves to read
He loves his mumma (and will still give me cuddles and a kiss on the lips)
He doesn't like girls - "yuk Mum"
He loves playing soccer
And riding his skateboard
And going surfing, "but totally only in summer!"
He loves Lego
and drawing
and music
And he loves his best mates

He says many funny things
For example - he had to get up at school assembly and do a little talk with some other boys about joining the soccer team.  When I said that I was proud of him standing up in front of 350 + kids and parents he said
"Grade 1 today ... but one step closer to school captain mum!"

I am one very proud Mum and can only hope that as he grows he will still give me cuddles, still love his sisters, talk to us about whatever is going on, and be happy.

Love you Joe Joe xx

11 comments:

dear olive said...

Happy 7 to Joe! He sounds like such a great kid! But 7 ... wow. That feels so far away for us, but I'm sure you feel like it's gone by in a flash! Kellie xx

Bek said...

Happy bday joe! I have a 7 year old boy in my house too. It's such a great age! Enjoy being 7!

Katrina@capturingmoments said...

Happy Birthday Joe! With that attitude you are sure to make School Captain! :-)

jen said...

Happy Birthday Joe! What great pictures. x

[Good Mum Hunting] said...

Happy Bday Joe!

He sounds like a really cool little dude.

xx

Andrea @ little buckles said...

Happy birthday Joe! My favourite name (after Sam). You'll make captain very soon I bet. Have a great day :) x

Polly (nice kind of blue) said...

Happy Birthday Joe! Hope you all have a great day :)

Nat - Muddy Farmwife said...

Happy Birthday Joe. He looks and sounds just adorable

All For Love said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous boy! And sounds like he has a gorgeous personality to match. Lovely post hun.
Happy Birthday young Joe, hope you had an awesome time xo

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Joe. 7 is amazing!
I love the color of Joe's eyes they are also amazing.

Unknown said...

oh I love the way you speak of him, belated birthday wishes joe! x