Friday, June 1, 2012

Chill out ...

That's what my kids said "Mum, you need to chill out"
and if I am being honest that is exactly what I need to do.

It doesn't matter if the beds are made
or if they don't do their hair (although brushing teeth DOES matter!!)
It doesn't matter if they watch TV after school
or if they play a computer game
It doesn't matter if I cook dinner or buy take away

What does matter is that we are happy together as a family.
That we are being kind to each other and to others
That we stop and take time to laugh, and dance, and enjoy ourselves

So this weekend is all about chilling out
Starting with a good nights sleep and some cuddles with the kids in the morning
Happy weekend everyone x

pic

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Here here! Chill the hell out! ;-) Actually I should do this to... it's all rush rush and work work with me... so I am planning on chilling the hell out too. Have a gorgeous weekend lovely! xxxx

Katrina@capturingmoments said...

Well said. Have a lovely weekend. x

Unknown said...

so very true. have a lovely weekend x

Francesca said...

this is so true! i need to chill out more. choose my arguments and stress less. thank you for the wise words! x

gret said...

Great idea. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

This is so true, thanks for the reminder! I need to do this too. Have a lovely weekend. xx

All For Love said...

Love it Lizeylou! And you know what, this weekend I am trying to do the same. Your little ones are SO right, clever little cookies xo

Andrea @ little buckles said...

So true! I get stressed so easily. Infact everyone went to bed the other night to get away from me. It made me take note. Hope you had a relaxing weekend xxx

Cat said...

It's so easy to get worked up about things sometimes though isn't it. I hope you were able to chill out over the weekend and enjoy each other. xx