Yesterday Maggie woke with trouble breathing
She had a cold but the wheeze and struggling to breathe was new
A visit to the doctor saw us being sent straight to the Hospital Emergency department
Medicine and Ventolin were given to her and she was monitored over and over
5 hours later we were allowed to go home
After a night of coughing we are tired but on the mend
And now we have a little girl with asthma
I was so proud of how she just got on with it in the hospital and did what was asked of her
She was hooked up to machines
She listened
We learned
And we cuddled
And I was also proud of Miss Edie and how as a 3 and a half year old she sat there for the whole 7 hour ordeal (doctor and then hospital) and didn't complain once, just rubbed Maggie's back and told her to take the medicine to make her strong.
Its lovely to see Sisterly love kick in so early
And we are so relived to have Miss Maggie breathing properly again
x
8 comments:
Oh gosh how scary. Glad the little one is well again.
PS thanks for the lavendar tip.
oh my goodness how scary for you. gus had trouble breathig when he was one, we were in and out of hospital, it's the scariest thing. what brave girls you have. so glad you got through it. x
Oh no! we go through this with Sam. It's not nice at all. Hopefully, she will grow out of it. They are brave little ones xx
That is beautiful Lizeylou, your girls ARE beautiful.
You poor things. I have been there a few times, doing the long haul at the hospital, tired and emotional. Definitely one of the most draining things you can endure as a Mama. But that bond between your little ladies is something special, adorable xo
My little girl has some sort of allergy that affects her nose/breathing, we are getting it diagnosed, doctors arent very helpful though.
Your daughters are wonderful!
Monika
Oh you poor things, what a scare! But how totally gorgeous are your girls?? xx
Poor baby, hope she is doing better now. I have have had asthma for as long as I can remember. I used to be in and out of hospital all the time when I was younger.
That's shitty Lizey - so glad she's ok.
Post a Comment